If you have clicked on this web page, then you are probably wondering where you can find courses to help you send off an excellent application for medical school in the UK and beyond.
Well, we at The Future Medic offer courses to help prospective medical students.
What courses are available at The Future Medic?
Personal Statement courses
Your Personal Statement is your first chance to make a good impression on a medical school admissions panel.
With the competition for medical school places becoming increasingly competitive every year, your Personal Statement should be convincing, flow smoothly and stand out from the hundreds of other applicants.
At The Future Medic, our Personal Statement Coaching package starts from as little as £100, going up to £1,700.
You can choose your coaching time from the following: 1 hour, 2 hours, 4 hours, 6 hours, 10 hours and 20 hours.
Shine Like A Diamond
- Our Shine Like A Diamond package is the best service available. It gives you unlimited hours of coaching and unlimited reviews of your personal statement.
Our medical education specialist, Dr Valeed Ghafoor, will provide you with intensive tutoring to help structure your personal statement in the best way, even if you need to start it from scratch.
Your tutor will focus on each section in detail with unlimited redrafts and unlimited reviews until your personal statement is perfect.
We will also coach you on aspects of the personal statement which you will be asked about during the interview.
Last Minute Check-Up
- Our Last Minute Check-Up package provides you with feedback on your personal statement at the very last minute if you are struggling and desperately need help.
This is a review of your personal statement by one of our admissions panel doctors.
The constructive criticism and advice you will receive will focus on these 5 domains:
- Thematic Tone
- First Impressions
- Most importantly, any red flags
Click here to view our helpful articles which offer advice about Medicine Personal Statement writing:
- What is a Personal Statement Reviewer?
- What makes a Successful Medical Personal Statement?
- What should be in a Medical Personal Statement?
Interview Coaching courses
Our tutors at The Future Medic understand how nerve-wracking and daunting it is to sit in front of a medical school panel and convince them that you belong on their Medicine course.
That is why we offer an Interview Coaching package, which starts from only £100.
our Interview Coaching package offers advice and guidance from our expert tutors. All of our tutors are fully qualified British doctors, specialists in medical education and interviewers at their respective medical schools. This level of tutoring is not guaranteed by any competitors.
You will have access to Interview Online Courses and personalised 1-to-1 lessons with a highly qualified tutor.
You will get to work on topics such as:
- Motivation for Medicine
- Interpersonal skills
- Academic ability
- Lateral thinking
- Work experience
- NHS & Hot Topics
- Medical ethics
- GMC/ Good Medical Practice
Choose from between 1 to 20 hours of coaching, to prepare for an MMI interview and set you up for the best chances of success.
At The Future Medic, we have helped thousands of aspiring medical students successfully enter the medical schools of their choice.
Click here to book our Interview Coaching package or learn more.
Click here to view our useful resources on Medicine interview preparation:
- Dos and Don’ts of Medical Interview
- Top 10 Medicine Interview Tips
- How do I prepare for an MMI Interview?
UCAT coaching courses
Starting from only £100, our ‘Ace the UCAT’ Tutoring Package offers you personalised 1-1 lessons with our highly qualified tutors. You can choose whether you want between 1 to 20 hours of UCAT tutoring
The package will also include access to UCAT online courses, so you can practice and prepare for the exam for as long as you need.
Our tutors are fully qualified British doctors and specialists in medical education. Our tutors are also interviewers at their respective medical schools. We have helped thousands of aspiring medical students successfully enter the medical schools of their choice.
With the UCAT, the average student score is 607.
After prospective medical students use our UCAT tutoring service, the mean student score is 743.
Therefore, you can see the vast improvement and amazing results that our students go on to achieve, which is why we believe it is worth getting a UCAT tutor.
View our ‘Ace the UCAT’ tutoring package here– you can choose to book between 1 to 20 hours of tutoring with our medical education specialist and interview experts.
Click here to view our helpful resources on UCAT preparation:
Why choose a course here at The Future Medic?
The competition for medical school places is fierce. Universities cannot offer a place to every single applicant, even if they have excellent academic grades.
Our team at The Future understands exactly how to create a winning application, which is sure to capture the attention of any medical school admissions team.
We enjoy coaching students so that they can start their journey of becoming a doctor.
It doesn’t matter how far along you are in your Medicine journey- whether you are applying during your A-Levels, or if you have previously been rejected for Medicine and you need a higher UCAT score- our courses are sure to help!
There are numerous advantages to booking a course with us at The Future Medic:
- You will receive guidance on how to make your medical school application stand out.
- Many students lose out on a place at their dream medical school due to avoidable errors- such as a poorly written Personal Statement, or a low UCAT score. Our courses will equip you with all the skills and knowledge required to write a winning Personal Statement, ace the UCAT, and impress medical school interviewers.
- The Covid-19 pandemic has caused widespread grade inflation, which caused universities to reach full capacity quickly- leaving countless students scrambling to compete over the remaining university places elsewhere.
- Covid-19 has caused many students to defer their studies for a year. This has further caused the competition for university places to heat up, meaning that medical schools are making fewer and fewer offers.
- You will be coached by our expert tutors, who are all experienced British doctors and medical education specialists, who have read thousands of Medicine personal statements and sit on medical school interview panels. This level of tutoring is not guaranteed by any of our competitors!
- You will have 24/7 access to your Tutor Doctor, through a dedicated WhatsApp group.
- You will have personalised 1-1 lessons, with all the attention on you (unlike a classroom environment!)
- We will provide you with a quick turnaround on feedback, within as little as 24 hours or 1 week.
- All our feedback will be tailored specifically to you.
- We will save you time and stress, which allows you to focus on your A-Levels, UCAT test and any other commitments.
- Even if you need to write your Personal Statement from scratch, we are here to help you.
Therefore, we believe that booking our courses will make all the difference to your application to medical school- as it will reduce any confusion, ease your nerves and boost your confidence.
Which are the best medical schools in the UK?
The UK boasts some of the best and most prestigious medical schools in the world, which are renowned for their excellent teaching, high-quality research and for producing graduates of the finest calibre.
Every year, over 28,000 international students apply to the top medical schools in the UK, showing how in-demand UK medical degrees are.
- University of Oxford
- University of Cambridge
- Imperial College London
- University College London
- King’s College London
- University of Edinburgh
- University of Glasgow
- University of Manchester
- University of Bristol
- University of Birmingham
Can a tutor at The Future Medic write my Personal Statement for me?
No, that would be cheating!
What we will do is guide you on the structure, language, syntax and authenticity of your Personal Statement. For instance, we will highlight if you have used any cliched phrases and words, and advise you on whether or not your Personal Statement flows nicely.
Our expert tutors will review your Personal Statement and provide personalised feedback, which is unique to you.
If you want to start your Personal Statement from scratch, we will support you through the brainstorming and writing process.
Remember that your Personal Statement must be 100% your own work.
UCAS uses sophisticated technology to detect plagiarism and similarities across personal statements.
If you plagiarise on your personal statement and the UCAS software detects more than 30% similarity, you and your course provider will be notified by email, and your application could be rejected.
Make sure your Medical personal statement is 100% accurate and your own work. If UCAS suspects your application is fraudulent, they can request proof to verify the information you have provided.
About The Future Medic
Our team at The Future Medic understands the responsibility to provide our country with the next generation of bright minds who will innovate, revolutionise and excel in the study of medicine.
That is why we have made it our mission to supply Medicine applicants with all the knowledge, skills and resources they could possibly need to enter this competitive yet rewarding field of expertise.
For a full list of our services, visit our website.
Register for a place on our 2022/2023 Mentorship Programme here.
Contact us here.